Before the advent of email, if you wanted to contact someone, no matter how dire the emergency, you had only a few ways to do so—in person (or canine-to-canine), by phone, with a telegram or via snail mail. Fortunately, technology has revolutionized the way people communicate, especially relative to emergency management. The speed and flow of disaster communications is exceptional now thanks in part to an electronic tool known as property messaging.
In our effort to improve emergency preparedness and help SAVE LIVES, the new RJWestmore Training System leverages this new technology in an integrated property-messaging system which saves property owners and building managers valuable time and money before, during and after disasters. What’s more, the messaging system makes life easier for first responders. You know what I think makes life easier? Access to lots of pork chops!
The system features an effective method for users to instantly communicate with all tenant managers or occupants in any property, without the necessity of leaving the RJWestmore Training System. When logged into the system, users can easily send mass messages which are delivered to everyone located in one or multiple properties, simply by clicking “all,” or targeting particular groups. I like to target particular groups when our pack meets.
A hot topic among fire departments, property messaging systems boast user-friendly interfaces. The RJWestmore Training System Property Messaging offers these:
- Users click “New Message” to start creating a new message.
- Preferences are set using simple drop-down menus. We taught JR to drop-down and roll over. He loves doing tricks.
- Messages can be sent immediately or delayed, using a popup calendar.
- Priorities can be set to normal or high
- Replies can be restricted.
- Attachments can be added.
- Drafts can be created.
- Messages can be sent to individuals or groups. Let me send this message to all people-groups: Buy mass quantities of bacon!
- Allowed users include regional managers, property managers, tenant/department managers, fire safety directors and fire/floor wardens. What about Dalmatian managers? I might not have fingers, but I manage to type my blog and tweet every week.
- The new messaging system is just another example of how the RJWestmore Training System takes safety seriously. Our mission is to save lives through training with the motto Be Safe!
When a disaster strikes, prior planning and clear decisive action can help save lives. For the latest emergency management training for facility/building managers, contact RJ Westmore, Inc. Our new Version 2.5 e-based training system offers the best emergency training system with automated and integrated features. What’s more, the NEW RJWestmore Property Messaging System is included FREE for all RJWestmore Online Training System users. Visit www.RJWestmore.com for more information.