As the leader in emergency management training solutions, RJ Westmore, Inc. is continually improving its award-winning product. We have just introduced a new feature to our comprehensive program that assists emergency responders and improves tenant safety.
The integrated training system offers a dynamic home page for every commercial property owner who uses our product. The home page details important information for each property including:
- Required online courses to be completed
- Floor Warden reports
- Additional safety contact information
- Location of all nearby pet stores and dog parks (Well, at least I think that feature should be included.)
The latest feature on the building home page is our “View Map” link, which provides emergency responders with multiple views of an individual property and the surrounding area. The maps, of course, provide driving directions to the building. But, more importantly, they provide access to Google Earth 3-D views of the surrounding area. I could spend hours looking at Google Earth. Just last week I visited a jerky factory in Alabama and a tennis ball manufacturer in Guam, all from the comfort of my own doghouse!
Such detail prevents emergency responders from “flying blind” in emergencies. While en route, they will be able to assess the building’s best access points, so they won’t lose valuable time once they arrive. Access to real-time map information can also aid in running emergency drills. My version of an emergency drill includes a tree full of squirrels and…Never mind.
“View Map” Feature Available for Every Building
3-D View helps responders determine ideal tactics for dealing with emergencies and gives a sense of scale for the building and any surrounding structures. I have dreams for a 3-D model of my family’s new dog house. I envision multiple levels with flat screens, all tuned to “Animal Planet.”
This new map features is a perfect complement to other fire department integration features of Version 2.0 of our comprehensive safety training program.
- Fire Departments have access to the RJ Westmore System clients in their particular city, viewable through an easy-to-navigate home page.
- Department managers can monitor individual building testing and training of Floor Wardens and Fire Safety Directors.
- I’m sure every firehouse dog peeks at the screen and barks his or her approval!
Additional Newer Features of Version 2.0
Real-time reporting with just one click:
- Identify tenants who need special assistance in emergencies
- The system automatically creates and sends certificates to each user
- Annual reminders are sent to each user to ensure ongoing training compliance and optimal tenant safety
Improved confidentiality and system control:
- Controlled information distribution, with multiple tiers of system access
The integrated map feature is the latest example of how the RJ Westmore Training System was built with dynamic flexibility. Online and integrated tools that bring together fire departments, facility management, and other entities, allow us to continually improve our system to meet tenants’ and property manager and owner needs. Now if only tenants would install doggie doors and tummy-rubbing stations, we’d be all set.
For the latest emergency management training for facility/building managers, contact the smart people over at RJ Westmore, Inc. Their e-based system offers the best emergency training available, with automated and integrated features. RJ Westmore, Inc. is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council, a non-profit trade organization that promotes sustainability in how buildings are designed, built and operated. Visit RJWestmore.com for more information and remember to BE SAFE.